Friday, February 25, 2011

Five Fab Finds - Week 2


Thank you for all the feedback saying 'how much you loved this idea' and that you loved us sharing our Finds with you all. 

So without any further 'ramble'..... here are our Five Fab Finds for this week - hope you likey!!!






Find #1:





If you haven't checked out the beautiful work that Maxine from Maxine's Melange does - then you are in for a treat.  This very talented lady has some of the yummiest stuff - especially her gorgeous Creative Kits.  http://www.maxinesmelange.com/index.php










Find #2:

paintchippursesI love a simple project and especially one that I can do with my 'kidlet'.  Check out what Beckie at Infarrantly Creative came up with. 

I love a 'blog find' even more when it has a little video tutorial.  I am thinking these might be a good idea for the Mother's Day Stall contribution - very cute post it note handbags ... even better ....get to use up my stash!

http://www.infarrantlycreative.net/2011/02/paint-chip-purse.html





Find #3




Last week we showed you a great idea with 'tea bags'... well I decided I liked the idea of extending this when I saw this great little tutorial for a 'tea wallet'. 

Now mind you this great tutorial by Hilda at Handmade Therapy is done in fabric (fabulous step-by-step instructions), but I am going to entertain the idea of recreating this in paper for our Mum's Day Stall... oh, you can see a theme here can't you?http://handmadetherapy.blogspot.com/2011/02/tea-wallet-tutorial.html




 Find #4


Now it wouldn't be an Embellees post without a 'flower' contribution. Thank you to our friend Di who told us about this great tutorial at Handmade Mamas

I love this even more because it has my favourite thing of re-purposing household items  - yep hard to believe these gorgeous roses are made out of recycled egg cartons!




My love of craft started when I was a 'wee small girl' learning to sew on my beloved Mum's Bernina Industrial Sewing Machine (yes if you have read my posts before you will know my brothers refer to this as the 'boat anchor' and I still sew on it from my garage)... she would put in a blunt needle and give me newspaper and send me on my way .. learning how to sew straight lines, use the knee lift and work the foot peddle (she still had the grandchildren doing this 20 years later).... well I still love sewing both by machine and hand and this brings me to Find #5....



Find #5

When I came across this gorgeous fabric Owl Garland  from the very talented Halsey at Spunky Junky I just wanted to dive into my fabric box (who am I kidding I have a double garage full of fabric) and get started on this project, but I got to thinking this could be reinterpreted using my scrapbook papers... now there's a project ready to try!



I hope you have enjoyed this weeks journey through my 'Five Fab Finds'.. many of which sit on my 'favourites link' .... until next week!

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment